Request for Speakers
Teenovation Africa 2017 Youth Conference
Proposal Selection Criteria
Session Presentation Information:
Each proposal will be carefully reviewed by the conference committee. The committee will review proposals based on:
• Extent to which the proposal targets and is relevant to conference scope
• Definition and focus of the topic
• Practical application of material
• Overall program content and quality
In addition each proposal should:
• Encourage active learning (indicate in the proposal what active learning strategies you will use to engage the audience instead of having them passively listen to information);
• Promote learning, not attempt to sell products;
• Demonstrate innovative thinking;
• Present ideas, best practices, and relevant research for positioning attendees as leaders within their organizations;
• Include presenters who have significant expertise in the topic area and can speak successfully in front of groups of teenagers
The conference targets middle and high school students. We are specifically looking for presenters with expertise in the following:
• Career Awareness
• College Awareness
• Financial Literacy
• Health & Fitness
• School Success
• Science, Technology, Engineering & Math
• Social Media/Technology
• African Development
Incomplete proposals will not be considered and all proposals must be submitted electronically. Please review the guidelines carefully before submitting your proposal to ensure your proposal is a serious contender.
Please complete the RFP. There is no compensation associated with serving as a Speaker. Teenovation Africa is a nonprofit organization and provides this conference to support the needs of supporting teenagers with being successful during the 2016-2017 school year.
• All sessions will be 20-45 minutes in length.
• Limit no more than two presenters
• All rooms will be pre-set with tables and chairs. You may move as needed, however, the room must be returned to its pre-set condition before the arrival of the next presenter.
Presentation Proposals due no later than May 31, 2016 .
Presentation applicants will be notified about the status of their proposal by June 30, 2016.